Winter holidays in South Tyrol
The art of enjoyment during the colder season
Welcome to your ski holiday in South Tyrol!
The quaint village of Kiens/Chienes at the Kronplatz/Plan de Corones offers ideal conditions for a wonderful winter holiday in South Tyrol.
- Skiing in South Tyrol: Kronplatz/Plan de Corones... South Tyrol’s number one ski mountain is close to our hotel! The Glitschberg Jochtal ski resort is ideal for families and offers more than 44 kilometres of pistes. If you are keen to enjoy the pistes at the Olympic ski town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, you will be pleased to know that you can reach the town by car within 40 minutes. From the winter season 2011/12, you can also enjoy the train connection to the Helm (train free).
- Cross-country skiing: Kiens/Chienes, Reischach/Riscone, Pfalzen/Falzesand Terenten/Terento are all nearby and offer fantastic cross-country trails. We recommend the cross-country ski bus, which every Wednesday brings you to a well-known cross-country area in the surrounding area (Gsies Valley, Antholz Valley, Ahrn Valley...). Your ski guide will come with you!
Further details in our weekly winter programme.
- Ice-skating on natural ice rinks in Kiens/Chienes, Reischach/Riscone, Pfalzen/Falzes, St. Sigmund/San Sigismondo and St. Lorenzen. In addition, there is an artificial ice rink in Bruneck/Brunico .
- Snow-shoe hiking... Walk through our beautiful landscape and breathe in fresh air. Once a week, the tourist board organises tours to the most beautiful places. If you want to go back to the one or other destination: our hiking guide will accompany you.
- Toboggan runs are all around the area: try the natural toboggan run in ‘Moarhofalm (length: 2.6 km / difference in altitude: 220 metres / easy / sledge hire), as well as the natural toboggan run in ‘Haidenberg (length: 3 km / difference in altitude: 400 metres / medium to difficult / sledge hire).
- Alpine huts & snack stations in the surrounding area: Moarhofalm (1,833 metres above sea level), Hoferhof (1,112 metres), Rastner Hut (1,930 metres), Starkenfeld Hut (1,936 metres) and Roner Hut (1,832 metres).
The art of enjoyment during the colder season.
Hiking paradies and summer sun in South Tyrol...