Kiens - your holiday paradise in South Tyrol
The Kronplatz/Plan der Corones holiday region
Welcome to Kiens at the Kronplatz/Plan der Corones region!
Right in the middle of the green, romantic Puster Valley, embedded in mountains, lush meadows, crystal-clear mountain lakes and snow-capped summits, you will find the village of Kiens with its 2,600 inhabitants. At an altitude of 780 metres above sea level, only 12 minutes from Bruneck/Brunico and 20 minutes from Brixen/Bressanone, your holiday dreams come true! Tips about Kiens and its surrounding area:
- The Kiens/Chienes parish is one of the oldest in the Puster Valley. During the Peasant’s War, it was a place for Anabaptist groups to meet. The Kiens/Chienes gunmen made a name for themselves during the mountain Isel battles in the Tyrolean Freedom war.
- If you are in need of some refreshment: dive into the Issing/Issegno Pond! It’s a bathing lake.
- Dwarf pine oil distillery and the Bergila Herbal Gardens between Kiens/Chienes and Issing/Issegno. More than 70 herbs and spices with healing power are grown in a biological cultivation. Learn more about how natural remedies can help! More about Bergila
- ‘Krauterhof‘ (Herb Gardens) in Percha/Perca: The outdoor area of the Herb Garden has been beautifully designed and exhibits around 80 different types of herbs and spices. There is also a witch’s garden with typical herbs used by witches, plus a meditative herb experience path, as well as a children’s playground.
Krauterhof in Percha/Perca
- Gatscher dairy farm: Follow the production of natural milk products made from silo-free milk. Our farm shop offers natural cheeses, fresh cheeses with garlic, oregano or chives, juniper cheese, pepper cheese, mountain cheese and yoghurt.
Further information about Gatscher dairy farm
- High rope climbing garden ‘Kronaktion‘ between Kien/Chienes and Pfalzen/Falzes… with routes for adults and kids. An unforgettable experience high up in the trees… climbing or sliding from one element to the next... abseiling and much more.
Dining is the most beautiful and finest form of life.
The art of enjoyment during the colder season.